Monday, December 22, 2008

Adventures in gingerbread houses

Well tonight was or first attempt at making a gingerbread house. It was rather fun and everyone enjoyed it! I let one kid do one half and the other the other half.

They both did a wonderful job. Actually daddy even helped



I made up the icing and he applied it for them. They stuck on all the candy. While they were doing that I made home made doggie treats! Another first for me. It was also fun. You use regular ingredients and roll it out and we used our Christmas cookie cutters and cut out trees, snowmen, and snowflakes. We are keeping some for shelby(our Boston terrier) and the rest will be given out to family members doggies! I thought it was a nice special treat. I let Shelby try one tonight and she really liked it so its doggie approved!!
All in all it was a fun filled night with my family! Tomorrow we are going to make sugar cookies and decorate them with the babysitting kids. It should be fun, then we will save some for Santa Claus and let the babysitting kids take some home for them. Tomorrow will be their last day here before the holiday so I will be giving them there presents also! Exciting!


4 comments:

Tereza said...

we enjoyed making the house this year too!!
i put tons of pics of that on my xanga.

Anonymous said...

It's cute! It's always so fun to decorate them! Your kids look so happy. :)

Hugs!

Jill said...

YOu know they really were happy. The love to do projects like that,, if it were up to them we would be doing them non stop! Plus they were very proud of themselves cause it looked so cute when they were through! :)

Anonymous said...

We made a gingerbread house here too. It was fun. Yours is very cute! Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...