Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kitchen Tip

We have city water where we are.  I always thought if you lived in the city then you automatically had soft water,, not true.  We really need a water softener, but due to lack of knowledge of how to put one in and not quite sure where we'd put it we have yet to get one.  Anyways when your water is hard it can cause problems with leaving a film on you dishes when you run them through the dishwasher.  Even with Jet Dry my dishes never seemed to get clean.  Then I read about this miracle product somewhere on the web.  I was skeptical but decided to try it.  It works!  Really well too.  I just add a little, about 1-2 tablespoons in my prewash container in the dishwasher along with my detergent and my dishes come out sparkly clean.

I have been  checking out  homemade dishwasher detergent recipes and plan to try one once I run out of detergent.  A lot of the complaints I read are that dishes come out with a film on them but with this stuff it might not be a problem!  It will be awhile before I run out though because I recently got a big container of the Jet Dry tabs from Sam's and it last us forever!

For more kitchen tips visit tammys recipies!

2 comments:

Tammy L said...

Thanks for sharing this tip, Jill! :)

Tammy

Unknown said...

The best thing for proper nutrition when using a vegan cooking style is variety. This will help provide your body a full range of nutrients. Buy foods fortified with extra nutrients to make up exactly where the vegan diet lacks. Salads can be really beneficial to a vegan diet as dark leafy greens are rich in iron and calcium and could be topped with nuts, seeds and beans to add protein. For extra omega-3 fatty acids fatty fish, enriched eggs, walnuts, flaxseed and canola oil should be used frequently. learn more:

Healthy cooking tips

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...