Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mason Jar smoothies

It doesn't take much to get this mama excited.   Someone really should have been here to here the scream that came from me today.  I was minding my own business, killing some time browsing pintrest(which by the way if you haven't discovered yet I highly recommend it!  I came upon this picture,,, showing a mason jar on top of a blender..hmmmmm,,,  I immediately started feeling the excitement and had to get right up and find a mason jar.   I found a regular mouthed one and walked my curious self right over to our blender..   Unscrewed the bottom blade part from the regular container and tried to screw it on the mason jar.   That is when the scream came out... Screams of joy!!!!!!  I really wanted to try it out right then but had to wait until later after my workout when I was going to have my protein shake.. (have to use my calories wisely).

Finally it was time,, first I put my goodies in the mason jar, one frozen banana, one scoop of chocolate whey protein powder, a few ice cubes, and some water.

Then I screwed on the blade part being very careful not to stab myself :)

Sit it right on the blender and tada!!!!!

Yummy!(That would be the arm of my husband in the background wondering why he married such a crazy freak that gets excited about using Mason jars on the blender)  He loves me!

Pure happiness right there... Who doesn't wanna drink right out of the Mason Jar(must be my southern roots showing there),, and I didn't have to dirty up the blender and this jar can easily go right into the dishwasher!  Sorry I look so utterly horrid,, this was after my workout remember and I never look pretty after all that sweaty-ness! Speaking of workouts,, only 6 more left of Jillian Michales Shred! Yay!  This level is a killer!


And in all the excitement Emma kept bugging met to take a picture of her with the lanyard on and with her little bear she found in her toy box today that her brother and sister got her when she was first born in the hospital.  Isn't she the cutest?

Whats the silliest thing you have gotten excited about?  I know I'm not the only one....

For more kitchen tips visit Tammy's website She always has great tips!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh looks like a good time at your house tonight. Who would have thoughth a mason jar would fit the blender. Nice work on your 30 daya shred challenge too.

Love Mom

Tereza said...

kinda like the magic bullet I just spent 45$ on..ugh

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Jill! That sounds like something I would do! I get so excited when I see a new seed sprouting I started for the garden! They are coming up one-by-one! Makes me happy!
I too love smoothies and make mine all the time in the Vitamix. I think it's a good idea to drink one after such a workout! I work out with Jackie Warner, who is also a killer personal trainer! Not as bad as Jillian, though! Don't stop exercising when you are done with the shred; you want to continue so you will stay buff! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

Anonymous said...

I was skeptical but I gave it a try and lo & behold it works. Smoothy making is a summer activity at my house, but when the time comes I'll be sure to put your tip to use. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...