Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lasagna and Green Beans


Happy Sunday All. Tonight instead of my scheduled meal we had lasagna and italian herb bread, that I put cheese on and stuck under the broiler. We also had green beans from the garden.







It was yummy. But my husband still managed to complain. He has been complaining about having to many green beans\zucchini\cucumbers\corn.....all the things from the garden. I try to explain to him that he should be thankful and not complain. But he just doesn't get it. Oh well.
I feel like I've been living in the kitchen lately. Every since I've been doing the homemade from scratch things I'm continually in there. And of course I feel under appreciated. Deep down I know they do appreciate it, its just not there nature to show it I guess. I do love doing these things for my family though. Lets give it up for the mothers and grandmother of long ago, that had no choice but to do things the old fashioned way... I can only imagine how tired and worn out they felt everyday. There has got to be a secret to it all. One of these day I will figure it out.



2 comments:

Steph B. said...

Jill, that looks so good! I am so glad the menu planning is working. I am excited about starting my own! If we could just be home and not have plans all the time....:( Oh well, we are the only ones that can change it!

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! I love green beans and lasagna! I always put mine under the broiler for a few minutes at the end too.

As for eating out of the garden...just know that you are feeding your family healthy food.

Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...