Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cookies!!!


This is what I did this morning while Miss Emma was napping.Chocolate chip m&m cookies.Mmmm....


This is part of my quest to save money and be frugal. I haven't been buying pre packaged snacks for the kids so I've been doing everything homemade!! Even our bread has been homemade. Its a lot of work, but its also fun, and makes me feel good that I know exactally what is going into the ingredients of the things I am making. I found out yesterday that our school lunches are going up in price. So guess what two kids are going to be packing their lunches more often:) I will just need to come up with some creative ideas for them to pack. Maybe if I make it fun then they will enjoy it more.
We are not usually so tight with money, but with all the doctor bills from having Emma and Ben's surgery its just about killing us. And unfortunately it will be awhile before we get them all payed off. :( But I am trying to make the best of it. I am truly blessed with what I do have. My family is great and we all love each other. We are healthy and happy, what more could I ask for.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Hey I love looking at your blog - i am always so impressed with how grown up you are now... I love it, you are doing great things for your kids showing them that there is more to life than fast food and t.v. dinners!!!!! I'm proud to be related!!!!!!

Jill said...

Awwww....:) your sooo sweet! Thanks!

Tereza said...

I don't normally buy snacks either. The kids love the baking especially if they get to help!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...