Monday, May 10, 2010

A Birthday

Today is Jessica's birthday,,, 11 years old! It seems so strange to think that I am the mother of a 11 yr old. Although,, personally I think she seems older than that. She is a beautiful, smart, caring young woman. I don't know what I would do without her. We have our arguments like all mothers and daughters do, but she is always there for me when I need her, she is a great friend. We celebrated her birthday Saturday at the bowling alley,, family came plus 2 of her friends from school. She surprised me,, she is a pretty good bowler,, (must get that from her daddy). We had a great time and she said she wants to go there again for her next bday. Thank you to all that came.

Emma and me have been pretty sick, I took Emma to medstat Sunday morning because I thought she might have strep throat, but the test came back negative,, they think it must just be something viral, so no meds were given. She does seem to be eating and drinking a little better today though, so that is good!

Mother's day came and went just like any other day around here. Jess was extra nice to me(I told you she was a sweet girl). Ben slept in, played his PlayStation, and mowed the grass in the evening. I need to learn to expect less, so when I get nothing, I am not so disappointed. You would think I would have learned by now. OH well. I love my kids, and I know that they love me, and that's what mothers day is all about anyways. I took Jess shopping during Emmas nap so she could spend some of her birthday money she got on Saturday. That was fun, she might become my new shopping buddy :-)

I am going to try and find my camera card so I can get out and snap some pics of the garden and my pretty flowers that are blooming in the side flower bed right now. I'll post some pictures later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...