Monday, November 22, 2010

A weekend of firsts

Its Monday already...at least this will be a short week with the Thanksgiving holiday!!  We had a pretty good weekend.  Something major happened in our household.  Emma graduated to her big girl bed!!  No more crib.  We took it down Friday evening and she slept all night in her new bed without waking up once!  I'm so proud of her,, we had tried this once before but didn't take down the crib,, that night it only lasted 5 minutes before she was crying to go to her "old" bed.  But there was no old bed to go to this time and she did great! 
Saturday we went to my sister's house and celebrated my niece's 3rd birthday!  It was fun,, she got lots of great new toys, and I was very proud of Emma and how she reacted while Mira was opening her presents..I have such a great kid!  The other part of the party was she was having a slumber party!  Emma was invited to stay, I was nervous because Emma doesn't stay with people hardly ever,, the only one she has stayed with is my mom and only a couple times.  I guess she did pretty well though,, only woke up once wanting her mommy but went back to sleep after that.  It just does not seem right,, my baby is growing up.  Some might say a almost 3 year old is not a baby,,, but she will always be my baby, even when she's 25!  It was very hard for me coming home with the 2 older kids and not Emma, it just did not seem right.  I cant even imagine how its gonna be for me when she goes off to kindergarten.  I'm sure I will bawl my eyes out. 

Today will be another first for me.  As a boss in the core room I guess my husband is in charge of bringing in a turkey for the thanksgiving carry in at work.  So guess who gets to bake it??   I have never cooked a turkey before!  I think it will be okay, his carry in is tomorrow, and he goes into work at like 5 in the morning.  so what I'm going to do is cook the turkey this afternoon,, cut it all up and put it into the fridge,, then I'll get up at like midnight and put it all in the crock pot with a jar of turkey gravy and turn it on low,,then it should be all warmed up when he has to go to work and he can just plug in the crock pot and turn it on the warm cycle and it should be ready for all those hungry men when they start eating at 8:30a.m.   I hope it all turns out ok!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI JILL
SURE THE TURKEY WILL BE GOOD ALL THOSE HUNGRY GUYS WILL LIKE IT
EMMA IS SUCH A BIG GIRL SHE WILL
BE READY TO STAY WITH GRANDMA WHEN
I GET HOME I AM SO PROUD OF HER
LOVE GRANDMA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...