Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's Jan. 1 2010! Wow! Time to reflect back at the past year and make new goals for the new one. I love having this blog because I can look back and see what was going through my head at this time last year, Here are the goals I made last year and I'll update you on how I did:

So... as far as resolutions for 2009, ..............
*get down to pre baby weight ---ummmm..No, this didn't happen :(
*exercise at least 3x per week--I started off good with this then it tapered off throughout the year. :(
*stop yelling so much--I actually did this one, I really tried hard to think b4 I spoke and I even asked the kids how they thought I did. They said Ididnt totally stop yelling but I defiantly improved.
*pay off credit cards---yeah right! To many things came up and this didn't even get close to happening,,, but we did buy a house in our name and did pretty well with our money, so I think we did pretty well.


Ok., so I didn't do as well as I hoped but it's a new year and time to start over! In 2010 I have motto................Get thin in 2010!! ............... I don't actually think its possible for me to ever look "thin", but you get the point. I am going to get healthier this year, and so is Ben! We will start getting back to the YMCA and work out and really try to eat healthier.

I will continue my money goal, I don't know if its possible to get the cards paid off this year but we still need to get Ben a new vehicle. We will get that with our tax check and then I am going to start our 1,000 dollar emergency fund. After that extra money will go to paying off credit cards. We also need to start a fund for our Disney trip we will be taking next January. I had a idea to put all change into a jar every day and see how that adds up, all that money will be for our trip and about half way through the year I will see how much we have and start adding money to the fund from our pay checks. The goal is to not have to put money on credit cards for the trip.

I will continue trying to be the best wife and mother I can be, and try to nurture my marriage. All to often we get caught up in the kids lives and its easy to forget about our relationship as husband and wife. I don't want to end up two strangers sitting across the table from each other when the kids grow up and move out of the house.

That's a good start as far as new years resolutions go I think. I'm going to try and check in once a month and update on how were doing. What are your goals for the new year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI JILL
YOU HAVE GOT GOOD GOALS WORK HARD
YOU WILL MAKE IT WITH BEN HELP
TAKES TO TO MAKE IT EASIER
LOVE GRANDMA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...